Silk Screen Print Operator
Boston, MA 02132 US
- Operate silk screen printing equipment (Sakurai).
- Review job instructions to prepare jobs for printing.
- Maintain daily print job production logs and data collection.
- Setup jobs from pint queue.
- Adjust image position, color calibration, monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality.
- Maintain inventory levels of supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, and other items as needed.
- Problem solves to make corrective adjustments by considering the symptoms, causes and remedies.
- Performing daily maintenance, on schedule according to procedure to promote machine stability and dependability.
- Perform adjustments accurately, efficiently, and according to procedure – minimizing unexpected downtime and service calls.
- Monitoring the printing process to maintain print quality and optimize productive and minimize waste.
- Assure jobs are properly set up for quality/productivity.
- Keep current best operator practices.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum of two years of experience as a silk screen press operator.
- Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and in addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment set up, adjustment, operating procedures, and a corresponding level of skill to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment.
- High attention to detail for quality control purposes.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to conduct tests and inspections to evaluate quality and performance.
- Strong understanding of equipment capabilities.
- Excellent visual discrimination and grasp of color theory / color print quality.