Title: Press Operator
Type of Placement: Temp to Perm
Shift: 1st Shift – 7:00am-3:30pm
Pay/Pay Range: $16hr ($17-$25 Depending on Experience)
About Our Customer:
Our Client has been providing quality apparel goods for over thirty years.
Benefits upon Hired Perm:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- ST/LT Disability
- Life Insurance
- Freedom Plan (medical reimbursement)
- Paid Holidays upon hiring
- After 1 year – 2 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, 2 personal days
Why Work Here:
Our client believes in your passion, ideas, and voice matter- we use teamwork and enthusiasm to deliver products for the world’s greatest music and entertainment artists.
Our client is a full package apparel provider for large brands, simplifying their apparel needs with unique solutions for decoration, supply, inventory management and distribution to retail, events, marketing initiatives and direct to consumer.
PLEASE NOTE: Experience Required (Must show competence as a Press Assistant first or have equivalent experience from another shop
The Press Operator will train the Press Assistant, monitor, and report progress to supervisor. The Press Operator will understand and maintain quality standards while keeping up with production expectations as well as help with unloading, stacking or assist in other departments as needed.
- Safely and properly operate control box
- Load shirts on the press accurately for specified placement
- Monitor shirts being unloaded by the Press Assistant for quality
- Make sure print is consistent throughout the print run
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise throughout the print run
- Make necessary adjustments
- Make sure press crew is achieving daily numbers while maintaining quality
- Helping in other departments as needed
SET-UP AND BREAKDOWN OF PRESSES:
- Read spec sheets to determine screen sequence
- Set-up/Line-up screens and register them properly
- Use proper squeegees/flood bars for each print job
- Add correct inks
- Fill out the approval check list accurately
- Press Clean-up
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detail oriented
- Oral communication skills
- Reading comprehension
- Time management
- Ability to detect color
- Dexterity skills
- Written Communication skills
- Organizational skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat and humidity.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Most positions may require employees to be on their feet all day. Employees may be expected to lift to 30 pounds throughout the day.
About Wicked Staffing Solutions:
We have built long-standing relationships with some of the most reputable and well-known top companies that are hiring in manufacturing, distribution, customer service, engineering, electronics and many other industries. We offer temporary, temp-hire, and direct placement opportunities, in a variety of positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer