1st SHIFT 6:00am-2:30pm Monday through Friday
This position is responsible for producing machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine while maintaining quality and safety standards.
· Operate CNC Lathes to produce parts meeting specifications, performing such work as start and stop machines, load stock, install tools, etc.
· Work from job travelers, manufacturing drawings, tool drawings and sketches.
· Check dimensions and quality of work using comparators, gages, and other measuring devices.
· Maintain condition of machines performing such work as clean, lubricate, adjust, etc.
· Clean scrap and chips from machine and separate and identify work and scrap.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Maintain a safe, clean, and organized workspace.
· Perform any other duties as requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum 3 years of experience in a job shop environment. Experience working in an ISO 13485 and / or AS9100 regulated workspace is a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to operate various multi-axis machines.
· Able to run and inspect precision parts (±.0002).
· Self-starter; able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow-through.
· Drive to succeed and work both effectively and efficiently.
· Must be able to use a wide range of measurement devices such as optical comparators, indicators, micrometers, verniers, pitch micrometers, CMM etc.
· Must have a thorough understanding of Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances.
· Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, specifications and inspection instructions and determine product conformance based on such documents.
· Must be able to interact and communicate with coworkers at all levels of the organization.
· Knowledge of 5S & LEAN manufacturing a plus.
The majority of the time would be spent in a clean production area with climate-controlled temperatures and moderate noise levels. Able to lift, push and pull objects up to 40 pounds occasionally and 20 pounds frequently.
Required to stand for long periods of time up to 8 hours, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, bending, stretching, twisting, and lifting.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package: variable choice of three medical plans, dental, short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, Aflac plants, 401k with annual company match, bonus plan, holidays, sick leave, and vacation.
· Monthly on-site barber service for free haircuts.
· Onsite cafeteria.
· Onsite game room.
· Monthly birthday celebration/prices.
· Social events.
· Tuition reimbursement.
· Training opportunities.
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00