Digital Press Operator
Boston, MA 02132 US
- Operate digital printing equipment (HP12K / HP30K).
- Review files and job instructions to prepare jobs for printing.
- Maintain daily print job production logs and data collection.
- Setup, program, and release jobs from print queue.
- Adjust image position, color calibration, monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality.
- Maintain inventory levels of supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, and other items as needed.
- Problem solves by making corrective adjustments by considering the symptoms, causes and remedies.
- Perform daily maintenance, on schedule according to procedure to promote machine stability and dependability.
- Make adjustments accurately, efficiently, and according to procedure – minimizing unexpected downtime and service calls.
- Keep current on best operator practices.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum of two years of experience as a digital press operator.
- Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product.
- High attention to detail for quality control purposes.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to conduct tests and inspections to evaluate quality and performance.
- Strong understanding of equipment capabilities.
- Excellent visual discrimination and grasp of color theory.
- Able to thoroughly follow instructions.